Saturday 25 February 2017

Birdseed Biscuits...

I got this recipe from Carol, who got it from a magazine... I've tweaked it to be vegan. 

They taste good AND so does the raw mixture


what you need is
170g vegan marg
150g brown sugar
2 tbsps. apple sauce (30ml)
tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp bicarb
260g flour
85g oats
85g seeds/coconut/nuts/dried fruit

Mix together the marg, sugar , vanilla and apple sauce
then add the dry ingredients.
For this batch I used some goji berries, coconut and sunflower seeds

Once I'd mixed it up, I split it into 3 and added cocoa to one batch, choc chips to another and left the other plain.

Roll into balls and place on a baking sheet, press with a fork and bake at Gas 5 for 10-15 mins.
Once cool, I drizzled melted dark choc on top.
Yummy!

Diablo looking serious lol
 and the beginning of a mini blanket for the Cat shelter, I'm using my bits up to make a few for them.
TFL
Mandy x

1 comment:

Rika said...

your cat will love this blanket.